The World Cup (T20 World Cup) has started. India’s first match will be played against Pakistan on October 23. Meanwhile, in the first match of this great cricket match, the Namibian team defeated Sri Lanka by 55 runs. On the second day of the tournament, the two-time champion West Indies team suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of Scotland. In this season too, like every year, many records have been made and broken, which we will tell you about in this article. Let us know about the exciting stories and records of the T20 World Cup, which will make the older ones sweat.
1. Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni holds the record for sending 32 batsmen into the pavilion through stumps as a goalkeeper.
2. The West Indies team is the only team that has been champion twice (2012 and 2016) in the T20 World Cup.
3. The record of 23 sacks still stands for former South African legend AB de Villiers.
4. Chris Gayle has scored the most in two centuries at the T20 World Cup. He had previously scored a century against South Africa in 2007 and against England in 2016.
5. Ravichandran Ashwin, India’s oldest spinner, has taken 26 wickets in the tournament.
6. A special record that has not yet been broken is still intact. Let us tell you that no host country has won any T20 World Cup so far.
8. Sri Lanka holds the record for scoring the most runs in one inning so far. Scored 260 runs for 6 wicket loss against Kenya in 2007.
9. Legendary Sri Lankan player Mahela Jayawardene scored the highest 1020 runs in the World Cup.
10. The first hat-trick at the T20 World Cup is former Australian fast bowler Brett Lee. Which is still considered hard to break for anyone.